I'm sure many of you know already, but I am getting ready to go on holiday to Venice for a week and I am so excited! Although I have been away for odd weekends here and there, this feels like my first real holiday this year as it will just be me and the Boyf for a whole week of relaxation and exploration. I k now, I can see you all saying, "But the years almost over?" And I am nodding along in agreement, it is almost the end of the year and in our usual laid back manner, we have left our holiday to the last minute! Oh we'll, at least we're making it away somewhere and I am so pleased to be leaving the UK for a while to explore an exotic city.
As I am going to be so busy in the lead up to the trip, I decided it was time to start planning my packing early rather than leaving it all to the last minute and I wanted to share with you my Beauty travel essentials to help keep your packing as light as possible and efficient.
Usually, I am all about packing for the 'just in case' moment that never arrives and realise that my bag is so heavy I'm going to hurt my back if I have to carry it any longer. So this year I've decided to stick with the essentials, and here is my checklist:
- Eye Make-up Remover and make-up wipes - it is important to remove all of your make-up no matter where you are as this will keep your skin clean and clear of breakouts.
- Cleanser - Very important to keep your skin clean wherever you go
- Moisturiser - very important to keep your skin looked after as it won't be used to the new temperatures whether hot or cold.
- Sunscreen - this is very important if you are travelling to a hot country, if you aren't then try to pick a moisturiser that contains an SPF so your skin is still protected no matter what the weather.
- Shampoo & Conditioner - my hair goes haywire in unknown humidities so its good to have the right products to tame, and even better if you get them in miniatures!
- Toothpaste and toothbrush - not sure this requires an explanation, lol
- Deodorant, talc and any other travel sized toiletries you may need - I love anything that comes in a miniature/travel size, but try to keep it minimal and only what you need on a daily basis.
- Primer/oil control mattifier - depending on your skin type
- Translucent or mineral powder
- Blush/Bronzer - great if you can find a travel palette like Mary Kay's
- Eyeshadow - this is down to personal preference and what you like to wear everyday. Personally I like to define my eyes everyday, but I try to keep it minimal and take a couple of shades for he day and a couple for night which is great if you can put them together in a travel palette.
- Eyeliner - if you're not into wearing a lot of eyeshadow each day then taking a couple of different coloured eyeliners will allow you to define your eyes and spice up your looks for the day/night with minimal effort and space.
- Tinted Lip balm - great for taking care of your lips in any temperature and gives you a natural glow for when you can't be bothered with lipstick.
- Lipstick and lip gloss - I like to take two shades of lipstick with me so I can have a choice when I'm away, a natural (almost nude) shade and a brighter colour.
- Brow gel or clear mascara - there's no need to go crazy on your brow products while your away, but a quick brush through with some gel or clear mascara will help keep them in check.
Well, I think that's about everything I could possibly need.... I hope!
Do you have any special packing rituals or tips?